Thursday, November 3, 2011

occupy this tee shirt

So I'm whizzing up Court Street on Tuesday lugging new his 'n hers boots, when I spot these Plutocracy tees on a tray table. Recognizing them from an email I had received, I doubled back and looked up at the faces behind the tees. "Gale?" said I. Who was out selling t-shirts on a beautiful fall day in Brooklyn but Jao Ltd.'s own Gale Mayron. She introduced me to Julie, who designed a grey water system for Occupy Wall Street. The shirt design, which Gale originated in 2004, is being reissued to help support Julie's efforts. 100% of the $20 sale price goes to the OWS Sustainability Working Group. Intending to pick up a tee for Bryan, I ended up leaving with a giant bagful. Yes boys and girls, the Plutocracy tee is now available at Everbrite Mercantile Co. Get 'em while they last!

Update: The shirts can now be purchased on the ebmerc website.





Shirts being screen printed at Works In Progress in the East Village