Wednesday, August 25, 2010

where was I?

since returning from hawaii it's been a nonstop flurry of activity. I actually had to check my twitter updates to remind myself of what I've been doing for the past three weeks. really.

but I'm not complaining, no. I was blessed with a bevy of formidable intern applicants- so I hired them all! haha. I did hire four people though- some interns and some a bit more.

today felt like the first *real* day to me because the great and powerful kim started gussying up our back wall. we gathered bunches of art supplies from the apartment and headed over to the store, where I gave her free reign. b was working on the technical aspects of the space- wiring, thinking about structural fixes and materials, making another trip to lowe's. it felt great to have things in motion and I was able to focus on a few projects myself.

over the weekend we made a trip upstate for the madison/bouckville antiques show. about 200 miles northwest of the city, the show takes place in one of the most beautiful and serene farm regions you can imagine. nothing but small town and friendly people for miles on end.

okay..training two more new hires tomorrow! so bye.

No comments: